Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And we thought that Disneyland was the happiest place on earth! This just goes to show you what grandparents know...

Snakes, snakes, and still more snakes!This is Jakers and Kailey Girls favorite place. The Reptile Store...yep...creepy crawly snakes, lizards, turtles,and baby lizards breaking out from their eggs to be born, etc. {I'm still having nightmares about this store}
Papa is a big help with Ashlyn. She's a chunk of gorgeous baby flesh. {Cortney's milk must be pure cream.} Cortney is bringing up the rear with Gavin in her arms. I sure miss that boy!
Everyone is checking out the merchandise....
...while Jakers is indoctrinating us with his phenomenal knowledge about these "delightful" creatures.

I can't remember what Kailey Girl is looking at, but you can be certain it's slimy and it slithers...and she's lovin' it!



We are being introduced to corn snakes. Yep...they WANT one. Jake knows ALL about them. I can remember how I felt when Cortney wanted a hamster...{at least it was fluffy}I didn't realize how lucky I was! Ya know what they say about paybacks! tee hee
Look closely at the plant life in this aquarium...all is not as it first appears. Can you tell the plants from the snakes?
I believe this is a python...a small one! Yep...they want one. {where oh where are the hamsters when you need them?}In the snakes belly of course.
Baby lizards...
Papa is finding all this interesting and Cortney is doing very with her coping skills...I really admire her. She just keeps taking deep breaths and repeating..."Everything is copacetic, everything is copacetic, EVERYTHING IS COPACETIC!
Kailey Girl admiring the lizards.
Jake is doing all he can to convince his mother that having a pet snake is "KEWL". "I don't mind if the snake gets to be over three feet. I like large snakes. Besides, they don't bite and if they do bite they're not poisonous. So...can I have one?" {He can be very persuasive. Good luck daughter.}
Hey Sister Pooh...we need to get you a bedazzler! In your spare time you can put some "bling" on your back pockets. [as if you had spare time]tee hee...Gavin loves these things too. He's a small bulldozer in jeans and hat. I honestly don't know how Cortney balances everything. Truly amazing how she meets everyones' needs.
As Jake and Kailey hold a corn snake, this guy is showing Cortney how to tell the sex of the snake. She may need this "skill"...after all... shouldn't everybody know this? [Jake considers this important to know.]
I got real lucky. I got to "pet" the snake. Jake couldn't understand why I didn't want to hold it. I'm sure he thinks that grandma is a weirdo for not holding the snake. [Everything is copacetic...yada, yada, yada...I know what I did wrong...I forgot to breath.]
No fear with these two.
Jake is loving this! We had a blast! We enjoyed this new world with Cortney and kids. We did learn a lot and we enjoyed the kids' enthusiasm.
I miss them all sooooo much. {yeah...snakes and all.}
I asked Darci to pick out an appropriate background for this blog. One that Jake and Kailey would approve of. She'll do her best she says.

3 comments:

Darci said...

Well, that's the best I could come up with...it seems to fit! Looks like you all had a wonderful time, with the kids anyway, the snakes and creepy crawlers may be another story altogether huh?! ;o)

Kimberly said...

Wow, you're all pretty brave to go through all the creepy crawlies. Jake and Kailey look a little too comfortable around all those snakes and such! Yeah, I wish Cortney luck too! I'm glad you got to see them and spend some time in the sun, I bet it was rejuvinating! (not sure I spelled that right...)Anyway, those are some great pictures!

The Pierce Post said...

Well, we sure do miss you guys. Hopefully you can make it back soon. Then again, we might have scared you off with those reptiles. Thanks again for everything. I wish I had my Mom to shop with more often. You know I need all the bling I can get. ;) Love you so much!