Friday, March 12, 2010

A few misc. pictures of my day...

I'm at Jolly Mesa again and we are moving Cyclone 30 once more. It was a beautiful day. The sun was out and everyone was experiencing spring fever. I'm standing next to a small track hoe who showed up to widen the road so it would be easier for our trucks to move the rig. The funny thing is, we were just about finished! He showed up two days too late!
{That's usually how things happen around here. A day late and a dollar short} Oh wow! That sounds like a title to a country western song! tee hee This is a lowboy that hauled a spool of waterline up the mountain. My truck is parked behind the red one.









This guy is really good. He really knew how to work that track hoe. I really enjoyed watching him.




These are a few"friends" who wondered into the neighborhood. They are right in front of my truck. The pics are a bit foggy because there is alot of dust covering my windshield from big trucks stirring up the dirt as they go by. A dump truck driver went by real slow and he tells me that he doesn't want to cover me in dust and I thanked him. It wan't too long before another big truck went by and was apologetic for all the dust he kicked up. I replied, "Oh, cough...that's...cough,cough...alright. I'll...cough...be able...cough,cough...to breath....cough...again...cough, soon enough. Cough, cough, cough." He laughed...but I think he felt sort of sheepish.


And no Colton...these are not cows. Grandma loves you anyway!

It was a long 13 hours but fun too.






7 comments:

The Pierce Post said...

Gavin thought these pics were pretty cool. He kept saying "Oh wow!" So, it looks like the weather is becoming much more enjoyable for everyone including Bambi. I think that is too cool that you get to be so close to wildlife. Jake still wants you to catch him a blow snake btw. ;)

Darci said...

Okay, haven't been blogging for a couple of days...looks like you have been having some wonderful "sunshine day" weather too! Well, our nice weather left us for a short time. Windy, wet and chilly! That's funny the way you coughed your way through your explanation that you would one day be able to breathe again! I'm sure he got a kick out of it. And I will have to let Colton look at the pics of the cow in the morning...later on in the morning! I'm waiting for the SAFE return of my husband! He is helping a friend who's tire blew while on the freeway. I'll talk to ya soon, love you!

Kimberly said...

I'm happy to hear that you've been able to enjoy some better weather. It's getting a bit better here as well, but it did still snow last week. However, I do have some grass starting to poke through around my yard so there's hope that Spring may be on it's way here too! Great pictures. And I'm sure those guys laughed at your jokes too. Glad you've been able to keep your sense of humor for 13 hours!! Love ya!

Darci said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope you like your festive background for the day o' green! Love you and you have cracked me up over how you love the pics of Gripp's 2nd haircut! I am so glad they make you laugh!!! This is why I love blogging, it allows me to show everyone how much fun I have with my boys! (That includes my huban!) Love you and will call you soon!

Pamela said...

Okay, love this background and button for Spring!!! I think it fits you just right! Hope you like it too, and glad you also enjoyed your St. Patty's Day background! I've gotta keep it fresh for ya! Love you!

Darci said...

Sorry, forgot to switch over before I left my comment! ha ha ha!

The Pierce Post said...

So, I hear Giz gets to spend Easter there with you guys and that you have a bunch of fun things planned out. Well, all I have to say is "Go suck an egg!"...all of you. tee hee. Love you!